Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dad and Linda's trip - Day One

As some of you may know, recently my dad and his wife Linda came to visit me :). It was so great to see family again (after not seeing any family for almost 9 months) and the Lord really blessed our time together. I want to try to blog about all of our experiences so bear with me. I know for some of you that may be way more than you want to read, but for people like my brother or other family members, I'm guessing you want all of the details.

On the day that they arrived Linda wasn't feeling well so she stayed home while Dad and I went to the top of the Galata tower (a tower that was built in 1348 and overlooks the city) and then met up with two of my friends for dinner in Taksim. I was proud of Dad...he stayed up past 10 pm on his first night of jetlag (although I really didn't give him another option ;) ). Before going out, my roommate and I had the joy of digging through an entire suitcase full of American goodness (thanks Dad, Linda, Mom, and Jen :) ). I think that the highlights were seeing all of the pork products and the cheddar...yummy!




Unpacking all of our American goodies...notice the precooked bacon :)



Dad and I at the Galata Tower



Dinner with Dilek and Zerrin

No comments: