Thursday, April 26, 2007
Slightly embarrassing and slightly funny
So the other day my dad, his wife, my roommate and I were trying to find a taxi to take back to my place. The weather was perfect and it was a Sunday afternoon so everyone was out and we were having a pretty difficult time finding a taxi that wasn't already full. After much unsuccessful looking we decided that we should maybe just take the bus. We started walking towards the bus stop when my roommate spotted a taxi that was stopped at the stoplight. I got excited and started running towards it in hopes that I could get to it before the light turned green and in hopes that no one else would snatch it first. When I got to the taxi I quickly opened the back door and much to our surprise there was indeed someone in the back seat. You should have seen the look on both her face and the taxi driver's face when I almost jumped in right on her lap. I was so shocked that for a split second I was speechless (I know it's hard to believe). I quickly slammed the door shut again and didn't even say anything to the lady because I was still stunned that I had done that. From the back it honestly didn't look like anyone was in the taxi and to my defense she did have dark clothes on. The whole situation was quite funny and after I shut the door I just buckled over laughing at myself. To top it off...since it happened at a stoplight there was quite a few people around so they got to enjoy my embarrassing situation as well. Needless to say, we never found a taxi and ended up taking the bus home. Never a dull moment. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment