Monday, April 09, 2007

Cooking Time



The past couple of weeks my friend Kristi and I have had a blast taking cooking lessons from our language tutor. She has been teaching us some very cultural dishes and we always get to test them out at the end :). For those of you that are familar with Turkish cuisine...so far we've made Perde Pilavi, Mercimek Corbasi, a cabbage salad, a potato salad, rice, pide, kisir, and Gozleme. Now I need to try making it on my own. I'm beginning to enjoy the kitchen more and am hoping that I can recreate some of these dishes for my family when I move back to the States. Although making the dishes has been fun, the best part has been getting time with my tutor and her family. We've been having the lessons at her home and eating the food with her family. We've had a lot of laughs and a lot of fun! She's been a great teacher! Posted by Picasa

No comments: