So this weekend I learned that Turks like to picnic year round. It doesn't matter if it's hotter than hot or colder than cold, anywhere and anytime, they're ready to picnic. This weekend I went a couple of hours outside the city on a little trip with my friend Asli and her family. I know that in Iowa all of my friends are tired of the snow, but we were so excited to see the snow. We've hardly had any snow in Istanbul these past two winters :(. My first winter we got a lot, but the last two winters have been so mild.
We went to a place called Abant...up in the mountains. It was so pretty! There is a big lake there that was frozen over. Once we got there we fired up the grill, drank some cay (tea), and had a really great picnic. Then we walked around, took a lot of pictures, and returned to Istanbul. It was a really fun day and it was fun to see the snow!
Snow...snow...snow...snow...snow! (for all of you who like the movie White Christmas as much as I do)

Waiting for my sandwich.

Asli and myself in front of the lake.

It was a fun group!
2 comments:
Those are great photos! Thanks for blogging a post :) That does look really cool up there and I know you love the snow... and the movie, White Christmas (me too :D) Love ya
So fun! That's lots of snow. We have lots here too. But we are pretty tired of it and I can guarantee, there is NO picnicking going on in Ames, IA.
Post a Comment